For individuals with arthritis, physiotherapy is a beneficial part of treatment. Your ability to maintain a high standard of living is enabled by a team of physiotherapists and healthcare professionals.They can provide useful information in regard to proper care for your joints as well as determining healthy movement patterns.
- offer advice and reassurance
- help you to feel confident about managing your condition
- address any concerns or uncertainties
- set appropriate goals to keep you as active as possible.
You will work with specialized physiotherapists to assess the painful joint and muscle areas to therefore determine the best course of treatment customized to your needs. Potential forms of treatment are as follows:
- a programme of specific exercises
- general advice on increasing your activity level and avoiding exercise-related injuries
- pain-relief treatments such as heat or ice packs, TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve -stimulation) machines, massage, manipulation, acupuncture or taping
- providing walking aids or splints to help you stay mobile and independent.